Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stagnant moss collects no stones

Here I am: verdant moss clinging desperately to it's rock. Perhaps the rock will shake itself off and roll away, trampling the moss that rested so comfortably upon it. What will it do next? To what or whom shall it cling in order to grow? In the instability of today's world it becomes an ever growing notion that the rock upon which we sustain ourselves can instantaneously crumble beneath us. I had a great job not many months ago. Excited about my new position and enjoying the people I worked with, plans began to solidify in my mind for all the things the future held. Without any warning, the rock upon which I based my physical nourishment became as sand. Leaving this moss to the mercy of it's environment.
Perhaps, the moss should reconsider it's predetermined interactions with it's natural host and see itself in a different light. Why is it that the rolling stone gathers no moss? Upon consideration the stagnant moss gathers no stones, but rests upon it's one host...waiting.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous read, you’re so insightful! I’m sorry to hear about your job, I hope another one comes your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady. Your kids are ADORABLE by the way. I love the picture where they are forced smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found your blog! Good to see you in the blogging world. I love reflecting on your words- great thoughts. If you ever visit mine, please do not expect anything nearly as profound- that would be embarrassing :)

    ReplyDelete