Friday, February 18, 2011

I need Thee every hour....

I am many things. I am a student. I am an Aunt. I am a lover of the arts. I am a sister, a friend, a woman. I am a New Yorker. I am an avid reader. I am a curious observer of human nature and beliefs. But of all the many things that I am, of all the millions of relationships, interests, and quirky personality traits that make me, well, Jenielle, what I have come to treasure beyond earthly value is who I am and who I can become because of my relationship with my divine Father and His son, Jesus Christ.

This is usully the point where many people may click the button, or roll the eyes, and say: not ANOTHER one of those crazy fanatics out to save my soul. I know that the "saving" of souls is far beyond my "pay-grade", but I also know that how I feel about my faith, my spirituality, my Savior, and my Church are a major part of who I am, even in all my many imperfections. And despite the common disdain for organized religion and religion in general , I feel profoundly the blessing of knowing I have a Savior who loves and understands not just me, but all who ever have been or ever will be born on this earth.

That is not to say that my life is sunshine and lollipops (especially when the snow never seems to stop :p). My life has certainly not gone in any direction I planned on it going for myself and there have been many moments throughout my life where my willingness or interest in having a close relationship with anyone or anything that didn't supply me with immediate gratification was nonexistant. But even in these moments I look back and see clearly how I was never truly on my own. And that is what keeps me going to church every week and having my regular conversations with God, because I have found life becomes much more manageable when one doesn't leave Him outside knocking, but opens the door and lets him in.

1 comment:

  1. Jenielle, I love your posts. Thanks for being you, and for being a "fanatic". You're awesome and I miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete