Monday, April 4, 2011

Where can I turn for peace...where is my solace...when other sources cease to make me whole...

This past weekend was truly a gift for me. I have been longing for a deep connection and this weekend I had a powerful opportunity to experience that. As I have mentioned before I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), what most people know as the Mormon church. Twice a year the LDS church has a worldwide conference consisting of five 2 hour sessions over the period of 2 days. During these sessions the leaders of the church, both men and women, speak on individually selected topics concerning the tenets of the faith. Held in Salt Lake City, UT, this conference, what we call General Conference, is broadcast to the world via internet, radio, and satellite. During this weekend of spiritual feasting we have an opportunity to hear from a living Prophet and many other special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I have viewed these conferences for most of my life and have found great comfort and enlightenment in them, particularly in how to feel closer to God and Jesus Christ. But this past weekend will be one which I shall never forget. Every speaker, both male and female, seemed to speak to my heart as well as my mind. A peace was granted to me unlike any I have ever felt before through the constant stream of reminders I received that God is aware of me, Jenielle Bailey, and that he loves and lifts me through my daily struggles. He is providing me with a variety of experiences both pleasant and challenging that are drawing me closer to Him as well as helping me to be more like Him in how I interact with others. To the world perhaps this may seem incredulous, perhaps even naive. But I know what I have seen and felt and no worldly snubbing can bring me to deny it nor be ashamed of it. I rejoice in the love I was able to feel so sincerely and continue to feel when I take the time to reflect on it. How grateful I am for the peace granted to me by a very flawed and imperfect faith in loving divine parents and a Savior who knows me better than anyone in this world. I hope to be a better person each day because of these tender mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment