Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A work in progress...


My heart is full of tender appreciation for the ways I have been "fed" in my life, particularly the past few weeks. Words seem inadequate to express the gratitude that burns within me for parents who love and support me and friends who have enthusiastically sacrificed precious time and resources to assist this friend in need. It is during this time of uncertainty and distress that I have truly seen the hand of God. I cannot doubt it, despite the difficulties and challenges I continue to face. My circumstances are nothing extravagant or disasterous, but are uniquely trying to my character. Or would be so if it weren't for the fact that I have been feasting at a banquet of love and friendship. This has been a time when I have witnessed the goodness and purity of the many friends God has given me. Day by day I have been nurtured and cared for by a thoughtful friend or family member.When I have needed a ride, it happened. When I needed prayers, I felt them. When I needed perspective, it arrived at just the perfect moment. These are tender mercies and blessings I would never have fully appreciated if I hadn't had a bad day 2 weeks ago.
This video is of an address by Elder Christofferson, an Apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,that has provided me with much comfort in challenging times and it has again reminded me of how well fed I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment