Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet." ~Persian Proverb ***WARNING This post contains a graphic photo from Sudan


I honestly do not think these photos require much of my verbosity to convey my message. There

is the face of a young Libyan girl adorned by paint with a peace sign,

there

are these Sudanese children with their beautiful faces, distended bellies, and non-existent body
fat or muscle,

there

is the Japanese soldier carrying an old man out of the rubble left by an unprecedented

earthquake, and there

are the faces of young Congolese boys clinging to the rigid fencing of the

refugee camp where they live as a result of the ongoing violence in their country. In comparison,

not only do I have shoes but I am swimming in the land of Jimmy Choos.




2 comments:

  1. ITs really quite amazing all the heartache in the world isn't it. And is really easy to forget how good we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There just loked inside it but you can help them.

    ReplyDelete