Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weave with faith and God will find the thread. -Proverb

Today is October 21. Two months ago my older sister Danielle was married for time and all eternity to her sweetheart Andy Gomez in the LDS Newport Beach Temple. It was the most stressful day of my life and the most joyous.Funny how the contrast of high anxiety and total joy can be woven together to settle an event indelibly into your memory and your heart.Knowing that the day was not about me I spent very little time enjoying the glorious weather or the good company. I raced from place to place on errands to make sure everything was where it should be. That day Danielle shone brighter, stronger, and far longer than the California sun.With her hand firmly in Andy's, they emerged from the temple with their hands held high in the air, victorious. This was the day my determined sister had been waiting for and working for and it was magical.
Despite being diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer just 2 months previously and having recently finished a round of radiation, Danielle Bailey Gomez was a marvel to behold that day. She danced the night away painlessly and chatted with all of her guests as if her body weren't riddled with tumors.August 21st 2010 was her night, her's and Andy's and even though I spent the day trying to catch and weave in all the loose ends before the thread ran out, God managed to grant me the miracle of seeing my sister have one perfect night.
Love you TEAM DANDY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment