Friday, October 29, 2010

"I felt it shelter to speak to you." ~Emily Dickinson

I cannot think fully lucid thoughts these days.I am not who I am but this wild thing darting from enclosed shelter to enclosed shelter. I skip classes....leave assignments unfinished....lose keys, phones, ideas,and sometimes even my heart. But this feral thing has been provided with a few sacred havens and cannot imagine what shaggy scapegrace of an existance I would have fallen into without the ever present hand of God in my life. I see His blessings even through the hurricanes and tropical storms. He has provided me with a circle of love and devotion to buoy my spirits, forgive my weaknesses, and magnify my understanding. He has given me love stronger than I have ever felt before. He has endowed me with the miracle of friendships and the challenge of learning the power of complete emotional vulnerability. I have felt the peace and safety of purity and profound compassion because I have allowed myself to embrace those shelters from the storm with which God has provided me. Yet, the wounded animal within still rails against the fury of life's storms. The mind turns itself over and over again like a mental rotisserie. But in certain moments with certain people I can be still. My mind can rest and my heart can open itself completely, encompassed by the shelter of friendship and love.
"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; That word is love."
--Sophocles

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, what is the actual meaning of this quote by Emily Dickinson??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mind can rest and my heart can open itself completely, Comforted by thei protection of their love

      Delete
  3. How did you know?? I guess I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete